Some time back(well, the summer of 2010), I did a post on my daily essentials body care (click here to read), which was received with lot of enthusiastic feedback(mostly surprise by the male fraternity and varied reactions from the ladies!!).
Since, its the winters now and our bodies need a totally different kind of pampering in this season, I thought to do a follow up on my daily essentials list in the winters!!....hope you guys enjoy and find my list useful too!!
To start with, my skin type & hair type is normal to dry, which means in winters it gets on the drier side...so all the products I use in the winter season have to be heavy on nourishment.
1. Teeth - Start my day with Glister toothpaste from Amway, it's a very good toothpaste providing all round care against plaques, bad breath and also whitens teeth removing stains. I'm very happy with it. I use it with colgate toothbrush (colgate's always reliable in case of toothbrushes!!)
2. Body Wash/Shower creme - Ever since I bought home a Loccitance body wash last summer, I have fallen in love with this brand as far as body washes/cremes go. They are ultimately luxurious and provide for a refreshing bathing experience!!
currently, for the winters I'm using : Shea butter body creme(very very creamy and leaves my skin totally supple) & 4 Roses shower gel(lathers up luxuriously!!)
3. Face cleansing - I am using The Body Shop's vitamin E cleanser and toner for some time now and find them very good for normal to dry skin in all seasons, especially winters.
I totally avoid using face wash in winters, but when I do, it's always these face washes from vichy. I have been using vichy face washes(and face creams) for many years now and can really vouch for their goodness.
4. Body lotion/butter/cremes - I prefer to use either cocoa butter or shea butter based body lotions/butters in winters. So currently using cocoa body lotions from The Body Shop, its quite creamy and good!!
I also tried the body shop's new body butter duo range in grape flavor, I liked it overall but my only grouse is that the thicker variation lasts more as its used only in some areas...so in the end , the normal butter finishes up and we have to use the thicker butter for all over just to finish the thing up..wish they put more of normal butter portion and less of thicker butter portion , rather than 50-50 in the container.
5. Face cream - the chilly and dry winters of my city require heavy moisturizer on the face, so I'm using Garnier cold cream and The Body Shop's Shiso Night Cream(as I have uneven skin tone which also crops up in the winters)
6. Hair Care - My hair, like my skin needs lots of nourishment in all seasons, especially winters as its normal to dry. Recently, I got a gift hamper from Dove of their latest 'nourishing oil care' range. I have been using it and find it totally satisfactory, the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and serum are all very good and leave my hair soft and silky...I might continue with this.
Before this, I was using the body shop's shine shampoo, which left my hair shiny but a bit dry(so was looking for change anyways!!) and Loreal's total repair 5 conditioner, which I was very satisfied with.
I also use Almond oil (mixed with 1 tsp mustard oil & 1tsp olive oil) once a week and do a hot oil head massage.
7. Face scrubs & Masks - Have been using Biotique's walnut face scrub and Oriflame's mild papaya face scrub for many years now. totally satisfied!! even in winters they make my skin soft and supple!!
I am using The Body shop's warming mineral mask, it warms up on application, increases blood circulation and leaves the face warm and nourished.
8. Body Scrub - I'm totally in love with Loccitane's Olive body scrub, it works perfect for me in all weather conditions and leaves my skin soft!!
I also use hand scrub by oriflame sometimes, it's satisfactory.
9. Foot Care - Winters are notorious for turning our feet into hardened lumps at the toes and heels!! More so for working women who have to travel for work each day!!
Oriflame's feet up range foot cream and foot scrub are too good and I ave been using them for many years now.
In addition to pedicure and manicure at the salon, I go in for a home pedicure by mixing Oriflame's relaxing lavender foot oil and Avon's foot soak in warm tub of water and filing with scholl foot file(its very good and cut above other brands)
10. jars of comfort!! - I call them jars of comfort, coz in addition to all of the above, these jellys/ gels/lotions can be carried everywhere and applied anytime in any specific problem area. providing instant relief.
I dote on my Oriflame tender care pots, they are a jelly made of honey wax and can easily fit in a clutch too..carry them everywhere and use on any area I feel needs a little nourishment!!
I also love Vaseline, its comfort and convenience!!
Also love this hand cream from The Body shop, its spiced vanilla flavor and comes in a small handy pack ,so can be carried in the handbag.
SO, what's on your essentials list this winter???