Some while ago, i wrote how I am madly deeply in love with shoes(click here to read).
Now, if there is thing that rivals(or equals) that love, it's got to be Mugs.
I love mugs, it's one piece of crockery I am deeply , madly in love....I prefer to use them instead of cups, glasses or even bowls ..my love for mugs has reached gargantuan proportions, so much so that the husband calls me the 'mug-o-maniac' (hence also the name of this post!!).
Here are some (yes some!!) of my lovely mugs :
1. Marilyn Monroe Mug - This was love at first sight!! When I saw it a gift shop, I just could not help falling in love and picking this up...it was my office workstation mug for a long time...now it's used at home.
2. Che Guvera Mug - I went back to that gift shop some days later to find this one...a perfect pairing mug for the husband, I thought and picked it.(on the aside though, just think of Marilyn Monroe and Che Guvera being a couple!!!!)
3. The Boss Mug - Sadly, my maid broke it while washing..but memories remain!! Loved this mug too much and used it in office for a long time.....with obvious amused glances from co-workers!!
4. Twin Color Mug(Dilli Haat) - Love the twin color of this mug, it's actually a set of 6 mugs
5. Kargil War Victory Mug - A patriotic mug, picked it on a army fair to commemorate the Kargil War Victory.
6.Glass Mug - This was a gift and I dont like it much...but featured here coz it's the husband's favorite(of all mugs!!!). He prefers having his tea in this one of all the cool mugs we got!!!
7. The Wife Mug - The husband gifted this to me after a domestic tiff..he thought it best way to appease me ( knowing my love for mugs!) But i really appreciate his picking out this one.It's got some real good meaningful lines written on the inside.
8. Say Cheese Mug - I love this cheesy ' Say Cheese' Mug. it's quite big in size, holds much more liquid than even a standard size glass..and therefore perfect for my energy drinks.
9. Earthy Mug - Loved this earthy mug on display at a Sri Lankan stall in Dilli Haat. Love the rugged texture of this mug.
10. Gurmukhi Chai Mug - This is a beauty, the pic doesn't do justice to it!! The wording you see on the front says 'Tea' (or Chai ) in Gurmukhi Script. Bought this from punjabi heritage shop called '1469'.
11. Autowallah Mug - This is my current office use mug, called autowallah Mug..coz it's got a funny depiction of a typical indian autowallah(or what is popularly known as tuk tuk). This Mug is bought from Chumbak, which makes some really quirky stuff. btw, what does my workstation tell you about me(love travelling..yes yes and yes!!)
SO, here's my Mug-o-mania laid out for you guys....while I love all my mugs(one can't have a favorite among babies!!), You can have a favorite and vote for your most loved one.